Sunday, May 12, 2013

Once Again The Quiet Meal

My first day back in Pattaya and I am seeing plenty of the quiet meal syndrome. I have written about it before but every time I come here it hits on me on the head. The farang man with money (older or younger) comes and rents (the only word for it) a girl from a bar and the next day after a night of bedroom activity they have nothing to say to each other the next day during their meal together. He buys her one night and buys another woman the next night followed by another quiet meal.

There was one girl I saw later in Central shopping center, she was young and attractive, dressed very nicely. The girl was with a old man farang (Western white person) who had his hands all over her, when she turned towards me I could see the embarrassment on her face (Thais do not typically show affection in public), she must have been new to the bar world.