Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nikon 90mm And Tri-x

Put the Nikon 90 on the Linhof, boy is this baby fun to focus, tons of light. ou definately get what you pay for, the F4.5 is worth the extra money. I think/hope this 90mm will be my main portrait lens, I will use the 150 to do head shots or head and shoulder portraits and the 90mm will cover all my horizontal and vertical full body portraits.

I am feeling more and more comfortable with the 4x5 in the field, I want to experiment with the 5x7 now and the 8x10. I have lots more than 500 sheets of 5x7 and 600 sheets of 8x10 in Tri-x film, I want to put those sheets to important use, now with the cost skyrocketing I might not be buying any more. It is important to use my supply of Tri-x film wisely, making important portraits.

I think I might also buy some HP5 and mix it in with my Tri-x on my trips, this way I can use the HP5 when I am unsure of a subject and the Tri-x for the most important photographs. This will allow me to continue to improve as a shooter and will allow me to use the Tri-x I have frozen for a longer time (when I am a better shooter than today).