Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kodak Tri-x Prices Go Fricking Insane!!!!!!!

Just last year I bought a ton of 35mm bulk, 4x5 and 8x10 Tri-x, am glad I did their prices have gone INSANE!! Looks like I will be shooting HP5 sooner than he expected, thank goodness I broke the bank buying as much Tri-x as I could before the price change. I shood have at least a 5 year supply of the film (35mm, 4x5 and 8x10) maybe 10 years if I curb my crazy shooting. Now the question arises should I resell it and make a profit and switch to HP5 earlier? I love Tri-x so much I probably could not bare to resell it,  I will probably shoot it to the last sheet and roll myself.

I got this email today with the bad news from my regular source for film after I asked him to check the pricing on another 50 100foot boxes of Tri-x 35mm.

Hey Gerry,

Thank you for your email. 

I hope you're sitting down. 

Costs on Kodak products have gone up by insane amounts lately. I won't be able to get you the same pricing as last time. You were paying $44/roll before. My DEALER COST on the rolls is now well over $80/roll! 

The cheapest I can go on this stuff to make it worth my while is $90/roll. 

It may be time to switch to HP5+. 

Let me know what you would like to do. On behalf of an era that is rapidly fading, my sincere apologies!



............