Sunday, May 12, 2013

In Pattaya

After a 8 hour bus ride to Bangkok I caught another bus to Pattaya for another 2 hour bus ride. I am now in the nightlife capital of Thailand, this place is filled with  normal tour groups (lots of Indian, Chinese, Russians and Koreans tourists). The other major group in Pattaya is the sex tourists and sex pats, this place is filled with bars of all kinds, massage parlors, beer bars, go go bars and free lancers.

Walking the very crowed streets here today it occurred to me that I saw more smiles and felt more comfortable in the dump yesterday. Pattaya is a huge money maker a tourist town filled to the brim with strangers, everyone here is chasing money. In the dump I was with hard working families, extremely poor but kind and friendly people. I will leave Pattaya tomorrow morning and spend my last few days in Bangkok before returning to Canada. I want to shoot the last of my film 38 sheets of 4x5 and 1 roll of 35mm at the Klong Toey boxing gym.