Sunday, May 12, 2013

Givers And Takers

In Mae Sot I saw many farang people being givers, volunteers for various NGOs, people like Fred Stockwell who helps so many folks at the dump, there were farang a plenty that were giving back, helping others.

Here in Pattaya I see people laying around on the beach/pool, getting serviced in various ways by the local workers, whether its massages, being served in high end restaurants or a sexual service of some kind.

I guess everyone needs some time off but when I was eating my all you can eat breakfast this morning at the hotel I kept thinking of the people in the dump, "What were they eating?" Yesterday as I was making photos an old lady in one of the shacks offered me some food, she pointed to the rice she was eating and gestured to me, asking if I had eaten? People who have nothing offering food to a stranger, rather incredible.