Friday, May 24, 2013

First Negs And New 90mm

Well I developed my first film from the trip today, it took me a while with work and all but got 10 sheets of 4x5 done. The images look good wet, have to check them out under the loop but so far so good, no light leaks and the 150mm and 90mm seem to be working ok. I think I lost the initial 30 boxer shots I did at the gym but hopefully after the that I solved the 90mm lens shutter issue and all the subsequent photos made are ok.

The Japanese seller of my 90mm Nikon lens shipped it to me after 1 day, he apologized for the delay! Got to love Japan. I hope this tool will become my main lens for the 4x5. I will test it by doing a series of what I call the "Edmonton At Night" series. I plan to go out with one film, one meter, one lens (90mm Nikon) and my 5 Grafmatic backs. I want to limit myself and try to achieve more, there is an old adage, less is more, will see if that's true.