Friday, May 31, 2013

Charity Calendar ??

I have been getting lots of advice from various friends on the calendar I am thinking of doing for charity. I am not sure if this is going to happen, my finances are iffy at best so I need to research this carefully before committing $2000 dollars to it. My thinking at present is if I do a calendar I would do it with 35mm shots of the children I shot this month and call it something like "Children Of The Mae Sot Garbage Dump", on the back I would indicate that 100% of the proceeds (plus my donation) will go to the Sky Blue School next to the dump. I think a selection of 12 photographs with children as the main subject would help with the fundraising effort, the fact the money is going to their school would also connect with that theme. I am not sure I want to put the Gerry Yaum name on it, if I do put my fake name on it I will just put it on the back somewhere in small letters. Who cares who took the pictures, its the people in the pictures that matter, selling the calendars and donating the money to the school is the important thing.

Think if it happens I might include these images, I still have lots of film to scan through and develop yet, but I like these as early selections. I might need to include some tighter shots as well as these are pretty wide compositions.