Monday, May 6, 2013

Changing Film In Dump Site Shack

Today a family in the dump allowed me into their home to change film. I shot 30 sheets and needed a film change so asked if it was OK  (they had asked me to come in earlier) then went in and set up my changing tent and changed out my 5 Grafmatic backs. Working in the home was a bit difficult I sat on a raised bamboo floor with chickens running underneath me, there as a small Buddhist shrine to my left, the wife sat beside me the husband was outside cutting wood with an hatchet. As I worked huge beads of sweat fell off my face onto the backs, I had to repeatedly wipe them down, in the dump today it was around 37C.

I made a video of this families home will post it later on my YouTube channel, along with other vids from the trip. Tomorrow I will return with some rice for this family.

Things are going well, I will take home many memories and hopefully a bit of humility from this trip. We are so lucky in the West, we whine about the least important things. When I left I photographed a group of 5 children, I need to buy some things treats tonight to hand out to them tomorrow.