Monday, April 8, 2013

Stand Development Test #2

This is my second and probably last Stand development test. This time round I did 1:150 Rodinal for 2 hours at 20C with the same agitation as earlier (first minute invert, then 3 sets of 15 second swirls every 30 minutes).

I am quite happy with the way this Tri-x shot at 800ASA looks. I think I have found a use for all the Rodinal I bought years ago and I also gained 2 stops of light when I am shooting in Asia this trip!! Happy happy happy!

I think next time I go to shoot Muay Thai boxing I will concentrate more on the crowds and less on the fighters, that's were the shots are! Muay Thai is filled with gesturing crowds because of the emotion of the spectators and the heavy betting that goes on through hand signals. Here is a sample shot of today's test film:



I might still try Rodinal stand development at 2 hours, 1:200, 20C so see if that reduces the contrast just a tad more.