Friday, April 26, 2013

I Got My 28mm Lens Back!!

Well I got back my Summicron 28mm F2 today, the lens I dropped and damaged last year in Thailand. The repair took a long time and cost $700 but I am very thankful to have it back in my slippery hands. I used this lens for many of my Klong Toey slum photographs, maybe 15 photos from "The Train Is Coming" show were made with this lens so to have it back is wonderful! I will be off to Thailand soon, so having the lens back is very comforting, like welcoming home an old friend.

I will do a bit more film development tomorrow morning after work to test the sharpness of the repaired lens, I also want to see if the 21mm with flash has any light fall off. I will probably do 1 more test with the Linhof 4x5, this test will be on my Pentax meter which I managed to damage when trying to change out the battery. I will test it to make sure the Pentax digital spot meter is working correctly, and also do some metering and testing with my backup Sekonic meter (I never use the spot meter on this meter). I want to make sure I am getting proper exposures on all my 4x5 work in Mae Sot.