Thursday, April 4, 2013

Getting That Nervous Feeling!

With the shows opening reception still 12 days away I have 46 attendance confirmation with another 2 probables. I still have quite a few people who have not answered so it looks to be a full house of 50 visitors. Even with some probable no shows the opening reception attendance number should still be around 50.

This all makes me rather uncomfortable, I am happy the work is being show in such a nice venue. I am happy that the Klong Toey subjects will have a voice through the images and will have part of their story told. I wish thou I could be a fly on the wall, I hope to much attention does not come my way. I want people just look at the photographs and respond to the work and forget about me, that's my hope. I also hope the work will touch the viewer in some way that will translate in a positive manner to their own lives.

I wish I could be more anonymous in all of this an invisible figure who could watch from a quiet distance, maybe I should change my name again! : )

That night I want everyone to have a good time, some nice food and hopefully think about the lives in the pictures and even eventually donate some funds to the mercy centre (I have a link to the Klong Toey slum charity mercycentr.org at the exhibition).

I will be shooting some video of the show before, after and during and eventually making up another show video for my youtube channel. For those of you out there that might be reading this but cannot attend the opening keep an eye out for the video, it should be up and running sometime before June 2013.

Geez just had a thought! I wonder if they expect me to say something, I hope not, if I have to it will very short and sweet.