Monday, March 11, 2013

Thanks Court!

A club friend of mine was nice enough to give me a screen drying cabinet to help me dry my fiber prints. I have a system now that allows me to dry 9 16x20s at a time (more if I use my neg drying cabinet but that leaves small marks on the prints). With this unit I can now screen dry an additional 11, this gives me the capability to air dry on screens 20 16x20 prints at a time.

The cabinet is a nice little homemade job that someone obviously spent lots of time working on.  I do not have enough room to keep it in my darkroom 24/7 so will bring it in and out as needed. Today was the last big wash of work for my Kaasa gallery Klong Toey show so it was definitely be needed today. I am washing 19-16x20 prints, 6 at a time for 2 hours a wash, then using the new drying cabinet. I should be able to use this unit the rest of my life.

Thanks Court!