Friday, March 8, 2013

PhotoNOLA 2013 Show CANCELLED!

I heard back from my New Orleans contact today, guess I will not be in the the festival after all, which sucks big time, I was probably hoping to much for that. I am disappointed but such is life, I hope something good happens out if this, something better. What bothers me most is that I was hoping to take my parents down to see the show, it would have given them an excuse to travel and to see a new city, they would have really enjoyed themselves, sort of feel now like I let them down.
 
Here is the email:

Gerry
I have some rather unfortunate news. I received an email from Scott Edwards and told me that he will not be able to host your work during PhotoNOLA this year. Below is an excerpt from the email:

"...also, i wanted to let you know that its doubtful for your friend to display in the studio during photonola.  im doing a bit of expanding of the studio to include custom framing, and hopefully platinum/palladium printing, so unfortunately i am running out of room on the walls and floor space.  so it probably wouldnt be a suitable location for an exhibition.  i will keep my ear to the ground, and if i hear about any other available space, i'll let you know.  sorry about that!"

Gerry, I am very sorry for this turn of events. I thought everything was set and I am extremely disappointed as I know you will be. It looks as though he is taking the studio space in another direction.

That being said, I will continue to look for a venue if you are still interested in exhibiting during this year's PhotoNOLA. What would your deadline be for planning the exhibit and your travel? I will work during that timeline to secure another space.

Again, I am so sorry to have to write this email. I'll be in touch.

.....