Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Latest Kit

Since I had some extra time tonight I decided to pack my gear for my May trip to photograph "The Families Of The Mae Sot Garbage Dump".

I keep changing my mind on this but since I have to take some rubber shoes with me I am sort of forced to take a very small check in bag. The plan is to take a shoulder bag, a small knapsack and the small check in. In the 2 carry on bags I will put all my film and camera gear in the check in the shoes, changing tent, film bulk loader, tripod, 3 or 4 Grafmatic backs, reflector and clothing.

The camera gear looks to be at least for now, might make cut some items later.

2 Leica M6 bodies
21mm F2.8
28mm F2 (if I can get back from the repair shop in time).
50mm F1.4
90mm F2.8 (not sure on this one but wanted to do shots of people on buses through in Bangkok so might need the longer lens for that).
Small Leica flash

Linhof 4x5
150mm Nikon
90mm Linhof (not sure on this lens but wanted to try 90mm portraits).

Pentax spot meter.
Reflector

How much film? Not at all sure on this one.
Maybe 400 feet of Tri-x 35mm (72 rolls of 36).
Maybe 5 boxes of 4x5 Tri-x (250 sheets).
Possibly to much film but I would rather have to much then not enough.

My little digi camera to do youtube vids.
My tiny cheap digi camera to do name/age shots.


This might be to much gear, I need to find what works best for these short trips, I might be doing 3 of them this year, 3-3week trips.