Thursday, March 7, 2013

Darkroom Home Theater System

My friend Larry gave me a bunch of older but great quality audio visual equipment tonight. I set it
up in my darkroom with my older small screen TV. I need to figure out how to make a removable rubylith front so I can use it sometimes under safe light. The system is now set up to watch normally with outstanding sounds (before with the TV alone I had trouble hearing what was happening).

I can now watch or only listen to any of my VHS tapes and DVDs (have thousands). When I get the rubylith set up I should be able to have the picture on even under safe light.

What I really like is now I can play movies when I am doing boring stuff like using the Jobo or hand developing with a tank. I can also play any tape or DVD (sounds only) and listen to it while I print,  which is what I plan to do tonight. Gosh I love my darkroom, if I moved a fridge in there I could use it as my apartment!

New TV darkroom home theater system with a tape of "Hardtimes" (Charles Bronson) playing.

Update* Gosh looking at this photo I have 3 sets of different speakers hooked up to different amps in the darkroom, no wonder I have no room!