Saturday, February 23, 2013

High Of Highs!

Working on a good photograph in the dark with the music pumping and the occasional scream of "Lets Go!!!" from yours truly is the high of highs for me, the greatest f-ckin feeling in the world.

I had an inspiration for doing another type of photograph while looking at my second print (flash 4x5) of the older boxer trainer. I did lots of negs that were under exposed and out of focus using a smaller flash unit so why not take another flash entirely to do the photos. I have a larger Quantum Q Flash, if I hook up this flash to its own separate stand and battery and then shoot 4x5 portraits with it might create a really expressive unique look, the flash would help isolate the subject (thanks Diane). It would require carrying more gear, and would be more work in general but that has never stopped me before, a little work is a good thing, it should not be to easy to do this.

 I might do some tests with this set up before I go to Thai.