Monday, January 7, 2013

An Enjoyable Night

I went to another photo club meeting tonight and quite enjoyed myself. I saw 3 prints I liked very much, one was a beautiful little seductive portrait another an abstract image of using peoples forms against water and sky and the third was a contrasty, colourful, detailed shot of leaves. I was to harsh in my previous blog from last meeting, comparing club work to the greatest masters in the medium (Strand, Weston, Arbus, Avedon, Adams) is very unfair. The club members are enthusiastic and they love photography, its a pleasure to be around those kinds of emotions. I probably won't go to meetings quite as often but I will continue to do be a club member as long as they want to keep me around!

t was a very enjoyable evening, I even got to see a little museum of South African artifacts and collectables!