Monday, December 31, 2012

This Is Supposed To Be Fun!

Sometimes I get so worked up and worried with the printing on my coming solo show that it takes the fun out of things. I keep thinking "I got to get 30-35 prints ready by March, I am running out of time." I calculate how many free days I have to print left and how many more prints I have to make, "Will I made it in time?". I am figuring out how much photo paper I have and how much more I will need. I am calculating the cost of every 16x20 paper I use (over $6 a sheet) "I am spending lots of money on paper, do I need more?". The worrying and the pressure of the job ahead of me can take the fun out of things.

I am still relatively new to printing larger shows, this will be my 3rd, my first solo show and by far the largest. I can't let the negative vibe get to me. I need to remember what matters, I love photography, it has always been a joy for me to create new work in the dark. Lets keep it fun! Lets take the negs you love most and want to share with others and just make beautiful photographs.

Why worry this is just a Edmonton show in a basement gallery, not a retrospective at MOMA. Relax boy and have some fun!