Monday, December 17, 2012

Pumping Up The Volume

Well things are going pretty well, it was really nice in the darkroom today especially when I "Pumped Up The Volume".

W. Eugene Smith always talked about the importance his records played for him in the the darkroom. He would play, classical, jazz all kinds of music to inspire him during the printing process. Over the years I have been a firm advocate of importance of music in the darkroom. Today I listened to some wonderful beats from my new/old cassette collection (recently purchased cheap). I had the music remixes of classic dance tunes shaking the place up, I was even worried the music might move the enlarger during the longer exposures, but all looks OK!

Nothing better than ROCKING the day/night and day away in the dark!

"Ain't Photography Grand!'