Sunday, December 9, 2012

Looking Forward To Monday

It has been a tough week at work of snow, ice and cold. Everything here in Edmonton seems so much colder after the 9 days I recently spent in California, the temperature here in Edmonton has hovered around -19C all week. I am quite excited thou because I only have tonight and tomorrow and then I have a whole week of printing ahead of me. I want to continue to print my solo show which opens in March but I also want to make a few fun prints of images I have looked at recently, especially 2 shots made with the Banarama 2 and direct flash. One shot is of a young boy pulling a cart at night over the border into Thailand and the other is of Nit shot on the street in Bangkok at night. 

Nit is a freelance sex worker who has worked the Thai Western sex scene dating back to the to when she was 16 and danced in a patpong gogo bar, she is now in her early 50s. I have asked to photograph her in her home 
but she is not keen on the idea, next trip to Thai I will ask her again. She separates her life in the Western sex scene and her home life and does not allow those paths to cross, maybe in the future she might trust me enough to  allow me to photograph her with her family at her home. I would love to see that other side of her and to try to understand more about who she is as a person, as a mother etc.