Sunday, September 23, 2012

Workshop Over!!

Well the workshop is over, I am about to get on the flight back to Edmonton. Jody Ake the instructor did a wonderful job teaching the 9 students who attended. I feel I learned a lot and I hope this workshop will help speed me through some of the early learning curve pit falls for the wet collodion process.

I already have a project idea in mind. I was thinking of doing a series of bar girl/gogo dancers, tight face shots. I would focus on shooting new workers concentrating on their innocence and vulnerability. I might make the photographs in Thai or even the Philippines. More thought needed on this possible series.

Another possibility is to make enlarged ambrotypes (glass collodion) using my 8x10 enlarger and a inter-positive made from the ambrotype (I think that will work). I am not sure what the quality will be going from 8x10 to 11x14 or 16x20 but its something I will probably experiment with. I might also just shoot small 8x10 tintypes or black glass ambrotypes, heck even glass negative collodions and silver gelatin prints might be the way I go. Lots of options, lots of thought needed.

The exciting thing is the workshop is done and I am on my forward into the world of collodion wet plate photography!!!