Friday, September 28, 2012

$375 For Shipping!

Bostick & Sullivan quoted me a price of $375 to ship a 8x10 wet plate collodion kit to Thailand. That's a lot of doe and there would probably be another $100-200 added in duty on the Thai end. The kit costs $335 so getting it to my hotel in Thailand will cost more than the cost of the kit.  The total price to get the box to my room in Thai might be close to $1000.

None of that matters thou, I can get the kit shipped there! I can make wet plate collodion images in Thailand using the kit. The "Lost Innocence" tintype/ambrotypes have a chance to be made!!

I am happy today!

Now lets move on and really learn this process so it becomes second nature, then and only then can I start doing good work with it.

I have other important film projects to work on but knowing that this closeup wet plate stuff is a possibility is exciting. I hope in the not to distant future I can make the tintypes/ambrotypes and tell the stories I want to tell.