Wednesday, August 15, 2012

In The Works?

I have a couple of things in the works now.

Over the last few days I have being working on my second attempt (the first was rejected) at a artists visual arts grant for the Alberta Foundation for the Arts people. This time I am asking for $5000 to pay for about 1/2 of a 7 week photography trip to Mae Sot Thailand to work on my "The families of the Mae Sot garbage dump" project. I estimate to shoot and print this series will cost over $10 000, hopefully I can get some grant money to help, otherwise I will have to delay the trip (not sure for how long) until I can work and save enough money.

The second thing that might happen is that my sex worker series work is being recommended to the folks of the New Orleans photonola photography festival. I met a photographer online who is placing the work before the photonola board people for the 2013 festival. I hope the photonola board likes the photography and want to show it. Having the photographs in this important festival would give me the opportunity to show to a wider audience and tell the stories of the people who work the bars of Thailand, plus it would be fun to go to New Orleans and have me some crawfish!

Live Louisiana Crawfish

You can check out the festival and the 2012 line up here:

http://photonola.org/