Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rejection Letter

Got my latest rejection letter today from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts folks. This rejection was for their Art Acquisition by Application Program (they collect work for the provincial collection), they did not like the Klong Toey 4x5 portraiture.

Will keep plugging away and try again next year.

How many rejections is that in a row? 8? 9? 10? Am losing count, getting a bit punchy from it all.

Will be reapplying for my grant September 1, this time to shoot the Burmese refugee families who live and work at the Mae Sot garbage dump site. Hopefully I can get some funding help for this important portrait/documentation project. Either way, grant or no grant I am going to make those photographs,  even if I have to take a second job or start selling stuff, nothings going to stop me. Those pictures are going to be made and those stories are going to be told!