Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Backup Jobo Purchased

I got a nice backup CPA-2 Jobo processor with lift tonight for a very good price of $165. I also picked up a darkroom timer, a older 165mm lens (with 8x10 coverage) 9-8x10 holders (one damaged dark slide) and a 8x10 paper safe, the grand total was $500. This was a bit more than I can afford right now but I will use all the darkroom things, and rationalized the purchase of the lens because of its small size and light weight. I am quite happy with the 8x10 holders as well, hopefully I can find a backup dark slide somewhere and add 9 more holders to my collection.

Now I can relax and use this my darkroom Jobo with some confidence as I have a backup waiting in the wings for the inevitable breakdown. I am quite happy with the 8x10 holders as well, hopefully I can find a backup dark slide somewhere and add 9 more holders to my collection.

I wonder if buying the lens was not a mistake. I need to be very careful with my purchases from now on, my Burmese portrait/documentary project "The Families of Mae Sot Garbage Dump" is not to far away. If I am careful and save hard and with a bit of luck (grant?) maybe I can start it next April/May.