Saturday, June 2, 2012

Grant Try # 2

Been thinking all night about rejection letter and my second attempt at it for the September deadline. I will make this one for $5000, include paperwork bills to back up my budget. I will also reduce the scope of the project, and limit it to 7 weeks (the most I can get off work at one time). I will also simplify the subject matter and concentrate on one aspect of portraiture, possibly farm workers, their homes, lives and families in the Issan province of Thailand. Maybe I can bolster this project with some of the Laos farm family portraits I made last trip.

I got to get this right this time, I can take rejection as much as the next guy but its been happening with to much regularity lately. I need to get this grant done right this time around so that financially its possible for me to make the photographs and tell the stories of my subjects.