Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bought A Jobo

I bought a Jobo processor online to replace the one that went down in my darkroom (4th Jobo that has died on me). Got this latest processor for $560+ $120 shipping via Fedex. I expect at least another $100 in brokerage and taxes from Fed Ex but it will still be cheaper than the $1000 I initially thought I might have to pay. This processor is the cheaper version CPA2 but it should do the job I need it to do developing my b/w sheet film (do the job at least for a while till it breaks down). I will have to see if I can get a backup used one on ebay in the next year also so that when this one breaks I can continue to develop film with the backup. I hate not being able to develop my film, I have hundreds of sheets from Thailand as well as my father photos and photos from recent trips to the mountains.

Anyway hopefully soon the package will arrive, here's hoping it arrives sometime next week so I can toss out the old processor and start using the new one. I am most eager to see how the 8x10 shots of my father made with the Deardorff work out.

Really scrounging for money to pay for this but am sort of helpless without the Jobo. I want to get consistent results in my negs and find other types of sheet film development inconsistent and to difficult to do.