Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Floating Down The Mekong And Laos

Well early tomorrow morning I cross to Laos and then onto a slow boat down the Mekong river for 2 days with stops in a few different places to sleep. I expect the Laotian part of this trip to last 7 or 8 days after which I will reenter Thailand at Nong Kai (Issan Region) and travel south to Bangkok. On returning to Bangkok I will try to spend a few days in Klong Toey slum,  I still need to hand out the free portraits from last trip and hopefully make a few more!

Before I fly back to Canada the land of snow and ICE hockey I might also try visiting some place in central Thailand. Things are going pretty well photography wise now, my only concern is the stomach illness, hopefully I will not be a problem on the boat or in Laos.

Not sure about how much Internet access I will have there so it might be a while until the next blog entry.