Monday, February 13, 2012

Multiple Submissions Sent Out

I sent out a bunch of submissions today:

- "Klong Toey Portraits" to the Alberta Gallery Of Art, AGA.
- "Klong Toey Portraits" to the Winnipeg Art Gallery, WAG.
- "Klong Toey Portraits" to the Art Gallery of Hamilton, AGH.
- "Klong Toey Portraits" to the Southern Alberta Art Gallery, SAAG.

I also sent out my Alberta Foundation for the Arts, Arts Acquisition by Application submission (quite a name!) This is the program I sold "Young Monk Chiang Khong, Thailand 2010" to last year. They add work to the Alberta provincial archives each year, hopefully I will have similar luck and be accepted with the Klong Toey 4x5 portraits I submitted this year.

I also sent a booklet to the Foundation for the Arts personal project grant I applied for earlier. They are holding my grant till Septembers deadline so I thought why not add the little booklet for the jury members to see. Not sure the booklet will be be accepted into the submission but I thought, no harm in trying!

I also plan on doing up a couple of email submissions and sending them out as well before I leave for Thailand. One is to the annual Alberta Photo Open and the second to the McMullen gallery here in Edmonton. I want to send out some work I did in Poipet Cambodia in email to McMullen, heck not sure this fits into their style of gallery but its only an email, so worth an attempt. I do not have all the Cambodia work scanned yet but think I can dig out 10 decent images to use in the submission. It does not hurt to try these things, maybe this time the submission will be rejected but in a later submission the folks at McMullen might remember and accept the photographs.

Step by step!