Monday, February 27, 2012

More Ladyboys

I photographed 2 more ladyboy bar workers yesterday, going to do 3 more today. I want to finish here by the 1st so that I can move on and work on the "Common Lives" project. I am definately tired out by the bar world (how can farang stay here for years doing the same crap everyday?). I want to move on and make the available light portraits, thats what I love to do now.

I also want to get back to Canada and start working with the 8x10 Deardorff. I want to make dads camera sing, I need to use it to make some important photographs. I will try using Jock Sturges 250mm Fujinon F6.7 lens with it to do portraiture. I am quite excited about the possibilities with this new tool.

If I can only get my artist grant from the Foundation for the Arts back home, if I can get   that money I will have the freedom to create the photographs I see in my minds eye. In the next few weeks I will try to work on some of my "Common Lives" picture ideas, some of which I can expand on later if I get the grant.

I wonder if I can do a mix of 8x10 and 4x5 camera work for the available light portraits. If I had a strong, sharp well exposed 8x10 negative to work with in the darkroom, I could make a truly beautiful photographic print.