Friday, February 17, 2012

A Final 2 Submissions

I was digging through some old papers today trying to find some sex worker quotes from a few years back that I wanted to use in a artist statement (found them), while I was digging about I found some submission information on a gallery in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan.

I looked up the gallery online and it looked like a nice space so I decided to do a final 2 submissions before I left for Thai. I did one on the Poipet Cambodia photos and one on the Klong Toey photos, both shot in November/December this year. These submissions were easier than others I did as I had the files scanned and the artist statements already written, I just fined tuned them a bit to fit the Moose Jaw Art Gallery and Museum requirements and I was done!

A bit of trivia for you the population of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan is 32132 (2006 Census). I wonder what Ai would think about hanging on a wall in Moose Jaw!

Hers a link to the Gallery/Museum:

http://www.mjmag.ca/

Ai 30 Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok Thailand 2011