Monday, January 2, 2012

Tech Problems

I am losing to many negs to technical movement problems. I shot most of my portraits at in Thailand with the Linhof at 1/4 and F11+ (some down to F5.6). I think next time I need to shoot more at 1/8 of a second to try and reduce subject movement problems especially in the tighter shots. Its heart breaking to lose a potentially strong image to subject movement, it feels like a punch to the belly, I had a few of those belly shots today! What a terrible waste to lose those images, I let my subjects down on those shots.

The Epson V700 Photo scanner is also coughing and spitting, working sometimes and not at other times. I wonder how long it will continue to work? I cannot afford another scanner so I hope it keeps working for at least a few more years. I need to use all my money to make "Common Lives" photos in Thailand during my Feb/March (my last trip for quite a while) and I also need to buy as much Tri-x as I can to store in case Kodak stops making film.

Boy losing those portraits to subject movement was hard, I keep thinking of it over and over again, those lost negs will haunt me for several more days.