Friday, January 6, 2012

Dazzled By Razzle's!!

Even thou I made some technical mistakes my first time out with the Razzle Banarama 2  135mm camera I have very high hopes for this camera, and her sister camera the Kermit 90mm. There is such wonderful fluidity shooting with a 4x5 rangefinder, you can move, dance, shuffle, compose quickly and shoot on the fly. With the Linhof I get wonderful negatives but the tripod, the reflector the setting up can affect the spontaneity of the picture, with the Razzle's I  can attack move in and photograph quickly. Both 4x5 camera systems offer different positives but I love the Razzle's ability to shoot in a 35mm style with large 4x5 film.

The latest developed Banarama 2 shots from the trip seem to be better than the first batches, less focusing/depth of field errors. Like any camera the Razzle will take some time in the field shooting before it becomes second nature to me.

I like the haunting effects the flash/daylight can give the subject. thou I wish I had less smiling Cambodian people portraits, the people I was photographing in Poipet were always smiling, and I did not know how to say please don't smile in Khmer!

Learning and shooting more and more with the Razzle camera's is something I am really looking forward to, hopefully I can do a whole series of strong images.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/