Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Last Man Standing

After a nights sleep I came up with a boxing analogy on what I need to do. In boxing you take blows in every round, punches to the body, to the head and sometimes your knocked down for the count. The boxer who wins, fights his way through the pain, he preservers, he gets up when knocked down, he takes the shots, comes back swinging. Winning a boxing match is most often is about desire and heart, who wants it more.

I need to fight through my failures, my mistakes, I need to show heart and desire and double my efforts, work harder and harder, devote more time, more effort, sacrifice more. I need to get up when I get knocked down and keeping fighting.

I owe the people who let me photograph, I owe it to them to work harder to tell their stories, to communicate their message.

I will continue to have failures, continue to make mistakes but no ones going to work harder than I am until the fights over.

Reading this over it sounds conceited/arrogant, to much me, me, me but its what I need to do to make good photographs. I have to work harder than the next guy, my artistic/photographic talent is limited but not my desire and drive.