Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cart?

I have been thinking of the best way to move up to 5x7 or 8x10. If I want to shoot "Common Lives" with a larger format that 4x5 I will need some kind of cart system to carry the heavier holders, cameras, lens and tripod. Maybe I can find a cart and store it in Thailand then use it to push all my gear about, it would have to be some kind of well built all terrain vehicle as I am going to be in some rough areas. I figure a 4x5 is about the limit on what I can carry on my shoulder and back, carrying anything larger requires wheels!

Not sure if I will move up to 8x10 but I have lots of Tri-x 5x7 in the freezer and have a Linhof 5x7 that I love using. The 4x5 available light stuff is coming off good now, seem to be hitting my stride with that equipment so will probably keep using the 4x5 Linhof for the forseable future.