Wednesday, January 11, 2012

30 Large Prints! 1 Man Show!

Well I got the confirmation today from the Kaasa Gallery representative at the Jubilee Auditorium. My first solo show will be held in January of 2013. I will have 30 large prints (maybe even a few more, might try for 40 as its a very large space), in the show. The photos will all be from Klong Toey Slum Bangkok, the 35mm Leica work and the large format 4x5 portraits, slumscapes.

This is exciting stuff, my first ever one man show will be 30 plus large 16x20 photographs (20x24 black metal frames) in a large gallery space, and in a beautiful historic Edmonton building. I can not think of a better first solo show gallery/site in Edmonton unless it was held at the AGA.

Started photography at 14, am now 47 (48 when the show happens), heck it only took 34 years! That was easy! : )

I got this opportunity because of the help of so many friends, I need to send them a thank you email. Like they say in Its A Wonderful Life, "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."

I have one year to make the prints, will get started this week!

Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton Alberta

Kaasa GalleryJubilee Auditorium, Edmonton Alberta