Monday, December 19, 2011

Thai Barbershop

Had a wonderful haircut my last day in Thailand. The barber rescued a poor haircut I had gotten from a lady stylist earlier in the week. He spent about 1 hour, shaving, cutting and manicuring my military style cut with both an electric shaver and scissors. He even cut my nose hairs with a pair a scissors (did not realize I was so nose hairy!). At the end of the haircut he used a paint brush to paint a lubricant around my ears, neck hairline and side burns, after he did that he took out a fresh shaving blade and gently cut the small hairs in the areas lubricated. Just when I thought he could not make the haircut any better he massages my neck and arms for about 3 minutes. What a was a wonderful experience, this haircut sort of made me feel  like clay being molded by an artist.

I paid 80 baht for haircut with a 20 baht tip ($3.32). Got to visit this guy later on and have another haircut, also want to make his portrait with the 4x5 Linhof and available light.