Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handing Out Money

Handed out small bits of money to many people and many children  during my 2 photo walks in Poipet. The money is small but maybe it will help the people a tiny bit. To give a bit of money to an honest man or a mother with a large family, or to a young child is a two way street of goodness, it helps the person a tiny bit and it also helps me, we all need to put others before ourselves. I am much to selfish a person but for some small moments over those 2 walking photo days I felt like I brought a tiny bit of happiness to another person. It was not only the money, it was also smiling, laughing and joking. It was about sharing a bit of friendship time with these people that mattered. The Poipet children's eyes were filled with such wonder when they looked up at me, the older people often smiled or shouted and waved hellos.

My main hope thou is that the photos will live and speak of the lives of the people of Poipet. I hope the photographs will be seen, felt and understood, that they will help in some small ways to lead to a greater understanding and compassion for those less fortunate than ourselves.