Saturday, December 10, 2011

Going To Cambodia

Ate a bit better last night, feel more energetic now. I am off to Cambodia tomorrow where I will spend 1 night and 1 day. I have to go to the border for a visa run but want to also shoot my Leica'sand my Banrama 2 in the country. I will probably not take my Linhoff so I can save on weight but the compact Banarama 2 and the small Leica'sI will be with me.

In Cambodia there is a temple I visited back in 2009 that I want to visit again, the monks there were very nice so making some portraits of them should be fun. I also want to photograph an outdoor barbershop in the area near the border.



Barbershop, Poipet Cambodia 2009

I have never felt comfortable in Cambodia like I do in Thailand so I also need to work on my comfort level. In the future I want to travel extensively in Cambodia making photographs.

After Cambodia will probably go to Pattaya for a few days to photograph Ladyboy workers. My show in 2012 in Bangkok will include photos of ladyboys so having more ladyboy photos is a bonus. I would like to try to get access to their homes and make some portraits in the home environment, photographs outdoors on the streets would also be effective, if nothing else is possible (if I cannot gain access) I will make some more shortime room portraits. I have 30 sheets of color 4x5 film left so will probably use those sheets to do ladyboy portraits withthe Banarama 2.

My trip is coming to an end, I need to bare down and make some effective images before I leave.