Monday, December 5, 2011

Banarrama 2 Is Here!

I got the Banarama 2 in my sweaty little hands today. I had to go to the post office and pick it up after paying a $60 tax/duty fee. The camera looks great, I mean really great, even better than the original Banarama . Dean Jones went out of his way and really came through for me, I owe him big time.

I have about 11 days left to shoot the camera. I plan on heading out and photographing Nid an older sex worker (50 years old) I have photographed her 6 or 7 times through the years dating back to 1999. Nid used to work the go go bars of Patpong in Bangkok back in the late 1970s and 80s as a young women. I usually try and meet up with her at least one time a trip and make photographs, I want to photograph her outside on the street with the Banarama 2 this time and flash. Will try that tonight.

 I feel lousy after traveling all over Bangkok in taxis today tracking down the camera, got motion sickness in all 3 taxis I was in, the heat and noise here is also getting to me, I must be getting old! Need to go back to the room and get a nap after I have some food, have not eaten today. After the food and nap hopefully I will feel better and can make some decent photos of Khun Nid.