Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wasted Day

Had a very bad day, the worst in a long time on these trips. Not sure why just felt all lethargic, went to bed at 1030pm last night, woke up at 10am after a night of dreams some nightmares. Got ready to go, took a shower had some fruit but then for some reason just felt lousy and lazy, laid down again and woke up at 145pm, to late to shoot the 4x5 (light here goes down about 5pm). Grabbed my Leicas but am unsure where to go or what to shoot. I have an appointment to go shoot the garbage klong workers tomorrow on their boat at 9am. Maybe I just need to regroup and try again tomorrow. A terrible terrible day, a day I will regret later when I am back in Canada and missing shooting in Thailand.

Need to get some good food (have not been eating well am losing weight), refocus and prepare to make photographs tomorrow morning. I am going to try to follow my friend Larry's advice over the coming days (he advised I get up and get out earlier). Tomorrow will get up at 630am to get down to the slum on time (for 9am) to shoot with the garbage canal collectors, the day after am going to get up early again with the 4x5 to do portraits. Enough of this lazy ass shit Gerry, get off your ass and to work!

Feel lousy, I guess today I was just to lazy to carry the 4x5 today with the tripod and holders in the heat, must be getting worn down. Damn hate wasting days, soon I will be back in security working mode in Canada unable to make photos. NOWS MY TIME!

Hope the Banarama 2 comes soon, then I can shoot 4x5 a bit lighter and in darker situations, I think Dean is shipping it soon ( today?) via express courier.

I need to change where I shoot soon, might go to Cambodia or up North to Chiang Khong, possibly Laos. A change of scenery might also help me get out of my lethargy, I have limited funds thou so need to be careful money wise. I have to leave the country before December 14th and return as my entry visa expires on that day. I leave the country for good and am back to Canada to work on December 18th.

As soon as I get the Banarama 2, I plan on doing some portraits in the gym, then shooting a women sex worker named Nid (50) who I have photographed since 1999, I want to photograph her out on the streets near the are she works. I also wanted to photograph Ladyboy Mat if possible, maybe in her apartment if she will let me (think she shares a room with 3-5 ladyboys). Hopefully the Banarama 2 will arrive without being stolen! Losing the original Banarama has really limited what I wanted to do.