Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things Seen Heard And Done Today

Did a long multi hour walk today through the bar areas and other areas of Bangkok. I visited the gallery of Khune Manit a very famous Thai photographer. I bought a book of his that is filled with wonderful imagery, titled "Ordinary, Extraordinary"

Things spoken, seen and overheard during my day.

- On Silom road near Patpong a very excited young male farang tourist holding up a green package smiling broadly yelled out to his friend " This is supposed to make you very HORNY!"

- In the Nana area talking to sexpats (sex tourists who stay in Thailand longterm). Do you know what the girls say about the Japanese? "Som, Som, Som" "3, 3, 3" which means 3000 baht for sex, 3 inch penis, 3 minutes till their done.

- In the Nana area talking to the same sexpats after the 3, 3, 3 quote a 69 year old sexpat said."Yes thats why when they go with me and I am so much larger they feel so good, its like they never had great sex before".

- In the Nana area from another 69 year old American sexpat. I like to make the woman have natural water and not use KY gel but they always say that the second time  I take to long to cum and they  hurt."

- Saw a Japanese man of about 28 years old following his friend on Soi Cowboy a bar area of  Bangkok. The 28 year old was dressed in a suit and tie, he looked very uncomfortable and totally out of his element. At one point as he followed his buddy with people jostling him left and right he almost stepped on a Thai man who was crawling on the ground begging, the Japanese suited guy kind of did a pirouette jump out of the way at the last second or he would have fallen on top of the begging Thai man. You could almost hear this young suit and tied guy thinking out loud "Why the hell am I here? I want to go home!" Many tourists in the bars look very comfortable, they are experienced bar hoppers but sometimes you see others like this Japanese gentleman who look like he transported in from another planet.

- When I was going into a 7/11 in the Patpong bar area of Bangkok I saw a homeless man digging through the trash looking for left over food, he drank something from a cup that was laying in the garbage. As I passed him I placed my empty water bottle in the garbage near where he was digging. I thought a second later I should buy this man some food, but I was already past him and inside the store before this thought occurred to me. I should have gone outside and asked him to wait. Inside the store I got my water and also bought a bag of sausages that they heated up in the microwave with sauce but when I came out the man was gone. I looked for him up and down the soi (side road) for 10 minutes but could not find him, he had just disappeared! I should have asked him to wait, I was only in the store maybe 3 minutes but it was to long. After looking for him for up and down the soi I left the area. Eventually I came upon another man sleeping on the road dressed similarly but I do not think it was the same fellow, I did not see the face of the first man but I am pretty sure the second sleeping man was not the same person (both were homeless). I gently woke up the sleeping man and gave him the food I had bought.

Next time hopefully it will not take me so long to make the decision to buy a hungry man food and next time I will politely ask him to wait for me.

Why did I have a delayed reaction to helping a hungry person? My reaction should have been instantaneous, I think I have become much to jaded, a person is digging through garbage for food, its not a difficult moral decision, he is hungry you have money, buy him some food! Next time "Mister, Please wait here, I will get you buy you some food."