Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let The Children Down

Today I handed out the 3 photos I made of the children next to the slum gym. I only printed 3 of the photos because the other children photographed produced unsharp negatives. After I handed out the 3 prints I walked away and 2 young boys I had photographed in September ran up to me asking for their photos, all eager with hopeful eyes. I told them again (told them yesterday also)that I did not have any photos of them, that I was sorry but the photos I had taken were not in focus so I had not printed them. The poor kids looked so disappointed, I felt terrible. I told them I would photograph them again either on Sunday or Monday then make up photos for them next time.

Damn, felt like I had stolen their ice cream. I have to make an effort to make better pictures of them with sharp negs this next shoot. Even if I do not get good negs I will have to print up something to give them when I return in 2012, I feel like I owe them.