Monday, November 28, 2011

Late Start

Last night I got back to my room and finally to bed around 2am. I felt kind of lousy and was tired out from all the walking, hanging in the farang bar areas of Bangkok can be depressing. Thai people working the bars become jaded and harsher, the farang are often drunk or hunting flesh, the sex workers tired and worn down, its an interesting place to visit but a depressing place to stay.  Getting back to my room late after eating, blog and travel time I was feeling sort of down, unsure of where to go the next day with my work.

I woke up late and lay in bed coughing up green crap feeling a bit lost. Should I go to Pattaya (red light district city of Thailand)? I want to photograph some people I know there to continue my work with them, but that would mean more drunk farang, more tired sex workers, more jaded Thais. I packed my bag and was ready about to go after a shower and a meal of cookies it was 2pm At the last minute thou I decided to grab my Leicas and head down to the drug area where I had seen the young boys sniffing glue from bags (I had done some portraits with the Linhof).

It ended out working out great (check out the later blogs) I only shot today for 2 and 1/2 hours but it was very productive. Sometimes you have to try to make photos even when your down and unsure how to proceed. The photo gods reward those who never give up and work through the tough times.