Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Introducing the Banarama 2!!!

Dean Jones went out of his way to help me and quickly made up a replacement Razzle camera. My original Banarama camera was stolen when I came to Thailand on the 15th of the month, I found out it had been stolen 4 days later on the 19th when I finally got my bag delivered to me by China Airlines.

I wrote Dean about what had happened and asked him to start work on Banarama 2 which I expected to be completed 1-2 years from now. Dean worked miracles and got the camera made for me in record time. He is sending me the camera tomorrow morning via courier to Thailand, it should hopefully be in my hands Monday or Tuesday next week and I can use it to photograph in the slums, in the boxing gym, and on the streets at night. I should be able to shoot Banarama 2 for 12 or 13 days before heading home to Canada. This time the Banarama 2 is going in the carry on baggage!

Thank you very very much  Dean for all your hard work, your a gentleman and a scholar!

Here is the first look at Banarama 2 it is the same focal length as orginal, it's fitted with a Fujinon 135mm, a cable release will be added before shipment.