Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting Recognized

Over the last few days I have had 2 different meeting with people in one area who I photographed in another quite distant area. A few days ago I was photographing on a road under some freeways when I heard behind me "Gerry! Gerry!!" I had my ear plugs in so it to me a second to respond and when I turned I saw some of the garbage workers in a truck slowly passing and waiing (greeting of respect where Thais places their hands together up near their face) me! I smiled and waied back but it took me a second to remember who they were.

Today at 8am when I was trying to run across the same very busy road a young boy on a motorbike stopped and started talking to me. He asked if I was going to photograph boxing today? I said no I was not going to photograph boxing and quickly said goodbye before running off at the first available break in the traffic for the last 10 minutes. I think the young boy was a boxer from the gym but I am not sure, did not recognize his face.