Monday, November 28, 2011

Banarama 2 On The Way

Dean Jones in Australia came to my rescue. After I had the Banarama camera stolen he quickly made me up a Banarama 2, it has the same lens but is even better, its a LTD edition camera. Dean says the camera is almost ready and has told me he can ship the Banarama 2 direct to Thailand. If I could get that camera here soon I would still have 2 weeks to shoot it. I could use it to photograph in the boxing gym and also in slum huts and darker areas of the slum, I could use it to make portraits amongst the drug users also. I could enter peoples homes get deeper into their lives and photograph on the run in low light and have a sharp 4x5 negative, it would be freaking awesome!

My only worry is the camera getting lost or stolen before it reaches me again, not sure how good the Thai post office is for this sort of thing, also not sure about paying duty etc. I think thou its worth the risk, the chance of losing the camera again is worth it because of the potential photographs I could make and the stories I could tell.

The photography gods cannot punish me twice!