Saturday, November 19, 2011

5 Little Old Ladies

While walking in Klong Toey Slum today I met 5 little old ladies sitting together and gossiping. When I walked by one of them spoke English to me, I answered her in Thai and we were off! Me and 5 little old ladies gossiping for something like 30 minutes.

I got asked and answered questions about my country, my job, my time in Thailand, my relationships, if I had children, where I learned Thai, my mother and father. I also got asked what I thought about Thailand, the slum, why I was making photos, how old I was, what parts of Thailand I had visited, etc etc

It was a jolly time with much laughing and joking, I would usually say something and then someone would repeat twice as loud. The women were charming and motherly, warning me of the dangers of certain areas of the slum. They even acted out how someone would steal my camera, and also made a face and told me a man that passed was dangerous. One lady who was 62, pretended to pose for me and asked if I thought she was beautiful, the other ladies laughed and I had to agree that they were all beautiful but that their hearts were what really mattered. I felt like I was in a convention of grandmas, it was a fun experience.