Friday, October 14, 2011

One

I am going to be working on a few small photo projects with my friend Rob here in Canada. One will be on the simple of theme of "Winter" the other will probably be the documenting of a town, or several towns that are dying out, we would  photograph the town, the townsfolk remaining etc. The first series "Winter" will be wide open to interpretation and should encourage me to get off my ass and out into the snow.

I want to shoot these 2 series very simply. Jock Sturges years ago advised me to sell all my gear and concentrate shooting with one camera, one lens and one film. For these 2 projects I plan on doing exactly that. I will shoot the Linhof 5x7 with Tri-x and a 210mm Nikon lens.

I hope by limiting my tools I will expand my creativity, using one camera, one lens and one film should force me to focus on my subject more and less on the gadgetry.