Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Moment In The Sun

We had our first of two student nights tonight at the Larry Louie Photography Gallery (Fading Lives Show). Jonathan, Larry and myself all took turns talking about our work. Before I spoke I thought, how am I going to do this? What am I going to say? I thought I would be very nervous, this is the first time I have ever done anything like this but I found it exciting and fun! Once I started talking about photography and my work it was very easy to keep speaking, I had to actually reel myself in a bit at the end (when I thought I was losing the students interest), I could have kept talking all night! I think the students enjoyed seeing the photographs and hearing the photographers speak, there were smiles, laughs and questions. It was great fun for me I also enjoyed listening to Larry and Jonathan's short lectures.

Hopefully the talk tonight inspired some students and will help them to continue to develop their photography. Afterwards Larry took us out for a meal, crab/lobster and other Chinese delicacies.
Wonderful night, our moment in the sun! Am looking forward to student night number 2 in November. I found out tonight when it comes to speaking to groups about my work, joking, telling stories about the pictures or speaking about photography in general.

(Warning ego filled moment approaching.)

When it comes to talking about photography and my work, I love the spotlight!
Love the interaction with the listeners. I had no nervousness, it all just flowed out naturally and easily.
Who knew!!